3 PERSECUTIONS OF PHARAOH
Fearing Israel, he decides to reduce their numbers, by eliminating baby boys.
1. Increases work load of Israel, that doesn't work.
2. Mid-wives ordered to kill boys at birth, they refuse to do so.
3. Orders all boys thrown into the Nile River to die.
10 EVENTS OF MOSES LIFE
3 Similar to Jesus -
1. Killing of the babies when he was born - Ex.2:3; Mt.2:16-18;
2. Had someone watching over him - Ex.2:4-8; Lk.4:9-12; Mk.1:13;
3. Saved by Gentiles - Ex.2:9; Mt.2:7-15; (gift paid for trip to Egypt)
3 Similar to Abraham -
4. Educated in foreign country - Ex.2:10; Gen.11:31;
5. Saved a fellow countryman - Ex.2:12; Gen.14:13-16;
6. Lost his friendship to Pharaoh - Ex.2:15; Gen.12:17-20;
3 Similar to Jacob -
7. Fled for his life - Ex.2:15;
8. Met his wife at a well - Ex.2:16-21;
9. Sojourner in a foreign land - Ex.2:22; Gen.11:31;
10. All four men became SHEPHERDS! Jn.10:11; 1Pe.5:4;
1 BURNING BUSH - Picture of Indwelling of Holy Spirit Ex.3:1f
Bush = God's people - Ps.1:3;
Fire = persecution suffered from Pharaoh, Ex.2:23-25;
Voice = God, The Angel of the Lord, Indwelling
Moses was drawn to the bush because the fire was not consuming it.
If God is in you, you will not perish - 1Cor.6:19; 2Cor.4:16; Eph.3:16;
3 SIGNS OF AARON Ex.4:30;
1. Staff changed into a snake and back again, Ex.4:3;
2. Hand became leprous, Ex.4:6,7;
3. Poured water out and became blood - Ex.4:9;
10 PLAGUES Ex.7-11
Moses brings a curse - Jesus brings a blessing. Dt.18:18;
1. Water to blood - Jesus first miracle, water to wine; Jn.2:9;
2. Frogs from Nile - Jesus casts all demons; Rev.16:13,14;
3. Gnats, stinging insects - Jesus forgives Mk.2:5; 1Cor.15:55-57;
4. Swarming insects - Jesus had swarming people; Mk.1:45; 2:4;
5. Pestilence kills cattle - Jesus feeds people; Mt.14:19; 15:36;
6. Boils - Jesus heals all diseases; Mt.4:23,24;
7. Hail storm - Jesus calms the storm; Mt.8:24;
8. Locust eat all food - Jesus is bread of Life; Jn.6:35;
9. 3 days of darkness - Jesus is the light; Jn.8:12;
10. Death of 1st born - Jesus our sacrifice - Lamb of God Jn.1:36;
Plagues 1,2,3 Aaron stretch out your staff. Plagues 4,5,6 - God
Plagues 7,8,9 Moses stretch out your staff.
1 RED SEA - Picture of Baptism Ex.14;
1Cor.10:1,2; a symbol of baptism.
3 PROVIDENCES OF GOD Mt.6:25;
1. Food - quail & manna; Ex.16:8;
2. Water - Ex.17:6;
3. Clothes - Dt.29:5;
10 COMMANDMENTS - Ex.20:1-17; Mk.12:29-31;
Love the Lord your God with all your:
1. Heart - No other gods - God is omniscient - all knowing
2. Soul - No images - God is omnipresent - all everywhere
3. Mind - No name in vain - God is omnipotent - all powerful
4. Strength - Keep Sabbath - God is omnibenevolent - all caring
Love your Neighbor
5. Honor your parents - Eph.6:1-3;
6. Not murder - Mt.5:21-26;
7. No Adultery - Mt.5:27-32;
These 3 sins destroy relationships.
8. Do not steal - Eph.4:28; 2Th.3:10;
9. Do not lie - Eph.4:25;
10. Do not covet - 1Tim.6:6-10;
These 3 sins destroy the individual.
1 TABERNACLE - 3 pictures in one.
1. Old Testament Worship
2. Life of Christ
3. New Testament Worship